E2: The Thing (1982)
March 01, 2021
The Teen Horror Cast Team
Content in this show includes descriptions of body horror and gore!
In this episode we review John Carpenter's 1982 sci-fi horror classic "The Thing," including:
- Overall impressions
- Is it right for teens
- Was it "turn the lights on scary?"
- Favorite scenes
- How do we feel about it being all men?
- Which of the characters would you choose to be stuck with in Antarctica?
- What do we think happens at the end?
- What would we change?
As a bonus, we've watched the original 1951 "The Thing from Another World" and the 2011 movie "The Thing," which could be called a "premake" of Carpenter's film as it is both a prequel and remake of his movie. We'll comment and contrast these with the '82 film during our discussion but will also answer the following specific questions:
- What did we think about the 1951 version?
- What did we think about the cinematography of 2011 vs 1982?
- What about the special effects of 2011? How does 1982 hold up?
- Where does 2011 go right and where does it go wrong?
Follow and contact us online: